- Ewa G encouraged Fesl R to ride a bike!
- Cycling is a quick, healthy and convenient way to commute.
- What's happening near you? Find out about local cycling news and events.
- Phil D encouraged Gary M to ride a bike!
- Rachel S encouraged Rachael T to ride a bike!
- Set a goal, it’s a great motivator.
- Cycling is fun for all the family.
- Get your workmates on a bike!
- Can you burn off 6 pints in a week? Set a personal goal.
- Show your support for cycling in Greater Manchester.
Challenge for Change have joined forces with the CTC, the UK’s national cyclists organisation, and Transport for Greater Manchester to run the Greater Manchester Cycle Challenge. The Challenge is a proven programme to get more people cycling more often and we look forward to seeing more people on bikes in and around Greater Manchester.
Transport for Greater Manchester has been awarded funding from the Department for Transport via the Local Sustainable Transport Fund to encourage more people to cycle to work. The Greater Manchester Cycle Challenge will be delivered as part of this programme to get more people cycling more often and for transport purposes.
Between 2008-2011, Challenge for Change delivered 34 Workplace Cycle Challenges and encouraged over 36,000 people to cycle. Overall, we have inspired 10,000 ‘non-cyclists’ to ride again, many after years of not cycling.
On average in 2011, 40% of 'non-cyclist' participants continued cycling at least once a week or more, three months after taking part in our Challenges. Furthermore, 12% of car drivers switched to cycling to work as their main mode of transport.
Find out how we can get more people cycling in your area at: www.challengeforchange.com.