- Ewa G encouraged Fesl R to ride a bike!
- Set a goal, it’s a great motivator.
- Show your support for cycling in Greater Manchester.
- Rachel S encouraged Rachael T to ride a bike!
- Phil D encouraged Gary M to ride a bike!
- Can you burn off 6 pints in a week? Set a personal goal.
- Get your workmates on a bike!
- Cycling is a quick, healthy and convenient way to commute.
- What's happening near you? Find out about local cycling news and events.
- Cycling is fun for all the family.
The Challenge events have now taken place but there are still plenty more cycling events taking place across Greater Manchester this summer.
From festivals, jamborees, led rides and retro bicycle picnics, there's something for everyone.
Take a look and see what's on here: www.tfgm.com/cycling/whats-on
Sky Ride Local rides are fun, free community bike rides that offer a great way of getting out and exploring the local area. These rides are led by British Cycling trained ride leaders, who are on hand to provide encouragement and support whenever you need it.
With rides available at a number of different levels, there really is something for everyone. Whatever your age and ability you can enjoy some fun, free bike rides with Sky Ride Local.
To register for a free ride in your local area, visit www.goskyride.com/SkyRideLocal
Big Breeze Bike Ride
It’s the UK’s first ever event to get lots of women riding a bike at the same time. British Cycling’s Breeze network have created a new Facebook app which allows women anywhere in the country to create, promote, share and join rides, all on 23-24 June. You can find out more about the event, supported by GB cyclist Laura Trott and the British Heart Foundation, at breezebikerides.com/big.
Summer of Cycling
The Summer of Cycling is a national campaign running between March and October 2012 which aims to encourage more people to cycle. The All Party Parliamentary Cycling Group and The Bicycle Association, alongside the force of 23 cycling organisations including Northern Rail are aiming to double cycling this summer.
It's about encouraging everyone with an interest in cycling to share the fun and introduce just one friend, neighbour, colleague or family member to cycling.
How it works:
- Choose a non-cycling friend to be your '+1'
- Pledge to getting them to ride a bike this summer by visiting the www.summerofcycling.net website
- Share the fun and cycle together - upload a picture from your ride into the gallery
- Win great prizes - including a riding in the lead car in the final of the Tour of Britain!
You've got two chances to win some great prizes:
- Make your pledge online
- Upload a photo to inspire others to cycle
Bike Servicing and Discount Offers
Participants in the 2012 Greater Manchester Cycle Challenge and you can claim:
25% off a bike servicing at The Ride Stuff. Just register and record a ride on the website for the Challenge. Tune up for the summer - claim your discount up until Sunday 5 August.