- What's happening near you? Find out about local cycling news and events.
- Cycling is fun for all the family.
- Phil D encouraged Gary M to ride a bike!
- Ewa G encouraged Fesl R to ride a bike!
- Get your workmates on a bike!
- Show your support for cycling in Greater Manchester.
- Set a goal, itís a great motivator.
- Can you burn off 6 pints in a week? Set a personal goal.
- Rachel S encouraged Rachael T to ride a bike!
- Cycling is a quick, healthy and convenient way to commute.
Join the Challenge
Have you spotted more bikes around Greater Manchester recently? Are you thinking about joining in the fun and getting back on yours? The Greater Manchester Cycle Challenge is here - it is a free competition to remind people working and living in Greater Manchester of the freedom and fun you experience riding a bike.
The Challenge is a chance for you and your workmates to get on your bikes and have some fun competing against other workplaces within the heart of Greater Manchester. If you don't have a bike, don't worry, you can borrow one from at our Try-a-bike events (more details soon) or have a free safety check and tune up for free.
The competition is based on participation (not how far or fast you can cycle). The aim is to recruit as many of your workmates as possible to ride a bike for at least 10 minutes between Monday 14 May to Tuesday 5 June 2012 to reach the top of the leader board, claim victory and be rewarded with prizes!
How to take part
Follow these four steps:
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes between Monday 14 May and Tuesday 5 June 2012.
Record your bike trip here.
Recruit workmates, friends and family - tell them about the Challenge here.
Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Organisations and departments will compete against those of a similar size for a fair chance of winning. There are six size categories: 500+ staff, 200-499 staff, 50-199 staff, 20-49 staff, 7-19 staff, 3-6 staff.
Your participation will count towards your department and organisation.
We're giving away 500 cinema tickets. Win yours:
- Ride a bike for the first time in a year or more.
- Recruit a friend and encourage them to ride for the first time in a year. Find out more here.
Make sure you get an entry into the Challenge prize draws:
- Record your trips each week to enter the weekly prize draws.
- Recruit workmates to increase your chances of winning a team prize.
Get started now. Register here.