- Ewa G encouraged Fesl R to ride a bike!
- Cycling is a quick, healthy and convenient way to commute.
- Phil D encouraged Gary M to ride a bike!
- Cycling is fun for all the family.
- Rachel S encouraged Rachael T to ride a bike!
- Show your support for cycling in Greater Manchester.
- What's happening near you? Find out about local cycling news and events.
- Can you burn off 6 pints in a week? Set a personal goal.
- Get your workmates on a bike!
- Set a goal, itís a great motivator.
Discover useful tips and information to help you cycle:
Free cycle maps
There are ten free, easy-to-read cycle maps covering the whole of Greater Manchester.
Paper versions of these maps are also available from various Council offices, libraries, tourist information and other public buildings. Alternatively, order yours for free now, simply fill out this form.
Check out Cycle GM's online cycle route map which allows you to zoom into areas of Greater Manchester, displaying on- and off-road routes, cycle parking and cycle shops.
BLUC Cycle locker scheme
Do you frequently use the train, Metrolink or bus to get around Greater Manchester?
Check out the Bike Locker User Club cycle parking scheme - the £10 membership fee allows you to use any of their lockers for two years.
Sky Ride Local
Sky Ride Local rides are fun, free community bike rides that offer a great way of getting out and exploring the local area. These rides are led by British Cycling trained ride leaders, who are on hand to provide encouragement and support whenever you need it.
With rides available at a number of different levels, there really is something for everyone. Whatever your age and ability you can enjoy some fun, free bike rides with Sky Ride Local.
To register for a free ride in your local area, visit www.goskyride.com/SkyRideLocal
Rural cycle rides across GM
Trans Pennine Trail
Within Manchester, the national coast-to-coast route follows the Mersey Valley from Chorlton to Northenden and Didsbury.
Have fun, learn from others, and raise the profile of cycling! Join Bike Friday - monthly rides on the morning of the last Friday of every month from a range of locations in Greater Manchester.
Your Local Area
What's happening in your area? Find out about local cycling news, cycling clubs and events and check out the routes near you.
- Bury - Cycle GM info on Bury and Bury Council's info on cycling.
Here are some routes around Bury.
- Bolton - TfGM info on Bolton and Bolton Council's info on cycling.
- Manchester - TfGM info on Manchester and Manchester Council's info on cycling.
- Oldham - TfGM info on Oldham, Visit Oldham and Oldham Council.
Check out cycling in Saddleworth.
- Rochdale - TfGM info on Rochdale and Rochdale Council's info on cycling.
Choose the 10 mile loop or 20 mile route of Littleborough - Lake to Lake.
- Salford TfGM info on Salford and Salford Council's info on cycling.
- Stockport - TfGM cycling pages on Stockport and Stockport Council's info on cycling.
- Tameside - TfGM new cycling pages on Tameside and Tameside Council's info on cycling.
Check out Ashton Trail for family rides.
- Trafford - TfGM new cycling pages on Trafford and Trafford Council
Explore the Sale Water Park Loop.
- Wigan - TfGM new cycling pages on Wigan and Wigan Council's info on cycling
For the latest on cycling in Greater Manchester, including free adult cycle training and cycle health checks, check out the *new* Transport for Greater Manchester's cycling pages and the TfGM website.